Implement Heartbeat Messages
Created by: claucece
As we are currently implementing the revision number 2 of the OTRv4 specification, we need to correctly implement heartbeat messages.
The current implementation seems not to scale to work with a client.
See "Data Exchange" section, second paragraph, and "Receiving a Data Message" section for reference around heartbeat messages
For further information, check issue #24 (closed)
- Check the current behavior of heartbeat messages.
- Correctly make time configurable.
- Make/change the current implementation to work with a client.
- Correctly check the use of the 'IGNORE_UNREADABLE' as it is stated on the OTRv4 spec.
- Check the behaviors of the 'IGNORE_UNREADABLE' with the TLVs
Correctly test the heartbeat messages and see which functions really need to be exposed to the tests (check the exposition of the
- Check how all TLVs are working with this.
- Might be worth checking the behavior of the 'IGNORE_UNREADABLE' flag with Dave Goulet or DrWhax.